Friday, August 18, 2023

JAI #666 - Just Add Inspiration

This week's Just Add Ink inspiration pic really caught my attention. I love the bright, cheerful colours and the sense of whimsy and fun.


I've used the bright pink, aqua and black on my card and tried to bring some of the happy vibe from the image to it with a funky script die. 


I started by sponging some ink on my background piece, dried it and then stencilled using snowfall grit paste - which really does look like little chunks of icy snow. 


After cutting my letters I coloured them with Zig markers then added a touch of shimmer and offset them on a black layer of the same die. The little birdies were watercoloured too. Aren't they cute with their little beanies? Lol. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Stay Warm (Mama Elephant)
  • card - watercolour, Capri (Kaisercraft), basic black (SU)
  • Tim Holtz products - Festive Words dies, snowfall grit paste, Speckles stencil, salvaged patina ink, micro glaze, black soot archival ink
  • other - Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, clear Wink of Stella, heat tool

Check out what this lovely image inspired in my fellow design team members over on the JAI blog and, as always, we'd love you to play along.

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: