Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hello Beautiful!

Late last night I was in the mood for a little creating but was just tired enough that I didn't want complicated, so I ended up using the very simple technique of running a white pigment ink pad over a 3D embossed image. 

The card I used is orchid oasis, which has got to be my second fav SU colour in many years (cherry cobbler still owns my heart). Shame it's an in-colour and not around for long - I'll have to hope it comes back in a future colour reshuffle! 

I placed the sentiment strip in the lower corner because when I sat it up in the top area, it stole the limelight from the embossing. Here your eye is drawn to the embossing first and then the sentiment. Black was chosen for the matting for the same reason; a light colour just detracted from the main feature. This cardmaking business can get to be so technical, lol! The edges of both pieces were lightly distressed.

Materials used:
  • card - basic black, orchid oasis
  • ink - white pigment (Ranger)
  • embossing folder - Book Cover Engravings 3D (Altenew)
  • other - Wordies Sentiment Sheets - Friendship (Creative Expressions), craft foam, Dimensionals, Big Shot, distressing tool

What technique do you go for when you crave simplicity?

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Rob I said...

It is such a simple concept that creates a stunning result. A beautiful card and yes, orchid oasis is a very pretty colour. TFS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing colour, LOVE it and it's just perfect with this technique!!! I too have this 3D EF, thanks for sharing!