Sunday, August 27, 2023

Making Me Smile

The Inspired by challenge board really caught my eye and it didn't take long before I decided to try out an idea.

I do love using neutrals occasionally, especially the combo of white and kraft used here. Those two colours were inspiration for my card and I think the leaves also echo the triangular shape of the bookshelves. 


I cut all the leaves and veins from both heavyweight watercolour and kraft heavystock - I love the extra heft for small pieces, plus they take really well to dry embossing. I stamped the 'make me smile' part of the sentiment a little darker as I wanted to emphasise those words.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Sentiment Strips 2 (Altenew)
  • card - watercolour (Cansen), kraft heavystock (Tim Holtz), basic white (SU)
  • inks - crumb cake (SU), vintage photo archival (TH)
  • other - craft foam, Dimensionals, blending brush, water spritzer, Big Shot, MISTI, regular and 3D embossing folders, Artsy Leaves dies (TH)

Hope you have some crafting in your day today. Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

Edited to add: Thanks so much to the design team for the pick as winner for this challenge.




3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

So glad you had a chance to play along...your card is beautiful!

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Denise Fabian said...

Thank you so much for your talent! I took your inspiration to make two cards for two different people going through a very very difficult time.