Friday, September 1, 2023

JAI #668 - Just Choose Two

I really wanted to play along with this week's Just Add Ink challenge because the choose two options are right up my alley:


My choose two options are - duh - timber and tearing (hopefully the little tears in my distressed edges count) and if sisal can count as twine then I've got that covered too!


My starting point was the leaf die. I rummaged through some prepared pieces I had on hand, finding this gorgeous rusty hinge and cracked pistachio combo, and cut out the die. I knew I wanted some texture, so embossed some watercolour card with the timber part of the challenge and used the debossed side for a change. I fiddled and played around with it a bit before ending up with this combination of elements - ie some more of the rust/pistachio for a layer behind the timber, then more embossing for my background piece. The finishing touches were sisal, dots and a sentiment strip. 

Materials used:
  • card - cajun craze (SU), watercolour
  • embossing folders - Pinewood Planks, Timeworn Type (SU)
  • distress inks/oxides - rusty hinge, cracked pistachio
  • other - sisal fibres, distressing tool, Big Shot, sponge dauber, copper clay dots, Buckeye Leaf die (The Greetery), Dimensionals, craft foam, Wordies Sentiment Sheets - Friendship (Creative Expressions)

Check out which options my team mates chose over on the Just Add Ink blog.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: