Monday, September 18, 2023

Out of this World

The current challenge at AAA Cards caught my eye this week.


I remembered that I had a spaceman die-cut image I'd made but never ended up using, so I searched through my stash and found it, thinking it would be perfect for this challenge. Thank goodness for hoarding all those 'I might use it one day' bits and bobs! 😉


The die-cut pieces were coloured using Copic markers and I added a little white panpastel to the astronaut's face mask to give the illusion of rounding. I love the planets as balloons but my fav is definitely the space suit, so adorable. My sentiment was done on the computer as I don't have a stamp set with this theme - something I probably need to remedy as my new grandson grows, lol. If this weren't a clean and simple card I would use SU's Stargazing DSP, but it makes a great backdrop instead!

Thanks for floating by (lol).

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

Johanna said...

Cute card and I do what you do, hoard all the bits and bobs to use at some point.

Kristin Sluhan said...

I save all my extra die cuts as well, but mine aren't nearly as cute as yours! Great card!

Helen said...

Good to meet someone else who keeps things 'just in case'!

Great card.

Helen x

Michal said...

How cute is that?? My kids would love a card like this one, so cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!