Saturday, October 21, 2023

Ghostly Presents

I'm loving this week's theme at Inspired By challenges and couldn't resist playing along:


Here's my ghostly inspiration:


As you can see, I'm still loving some bright pink for Halloween! I ink smooshed the background and once it was dry, stamped the candy corn and sweets with oxide ink before white embossing my sentiment. The hats were coloured with markers and my finishing touches were some white gel pen and black stitching. I'm thinking I'm gonna need a second sewing machine for my cards so I can keep it set up and not have to change needles! (Mind you, threading the needle with a different coloured thread each time is a real challenge for my old eyes, so perhaps I need a number of machines, lol - one for each colour!)

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Frights (Tim Holtz)
  • card - basic black, distress white heavystock, watercolour
  • distress inks - kitsch flamingo spray stain, picked raspberry oxide ink and spray, cocktail party mica stain
  • other - MISTI, white embossing powder, heat tool, Zig Clean Color brush markers, white gel pen, Dimensionals, craft foam, sewing machine and thread, scissors, embossing buddy

Thanks for calling in. Have a crafty day!

Cheers
Kerry


2 comments:

Rob I said...

What a bright card, love it . The pink is just a gorgeous backdrop to three cute little ghosts. TFS

Ida said...

How cute! Love the colorful little ghost/witches.