Saturday, October 28, 2023

Keeping You In Sus-Spencer

I honestly thought I was done with Halloween craft, but the perfect storm of new-to-me digi papers, a couple of dies I hadn't used and a spooky challenge conspired to lure me ... last one, I promise! (I think! 😉)

The theme is SPOOKY over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog and here's my entry:

Spencer was cut from watercolour card and coloured with oxide inks before assembling. The big EEK! has a purple cardstock layer under the batty purple paper for depth, and I trimmed the shadow die down between the letters as I wanted the background paper to show through. I went crazy with my sewing machine attaching the bones (might have gotten a bit carried away here) and making a border, leaving the threads for added creepy ambience (pretend they're spider web threads). A couple of stickers, moss and some bats added the perfect final touches.

Materials used:
  • card - granny apple green, gorgeous grape, basic black (Stampin' Up), Hocus Pocus Worn papers (Etsy), watercolour
  • dies - Spencer colorize, Big Frights (Tim Holtz)
  • distress oxide inks - frayed burlap, antique linen, pumice stone, hickory smoke, lost shadow
  • other - Curiosities sticker book (Tim Holtz), sewing machine and thread, blending brushes, Dimensionals, craft foam, distressing tool, moss, hickory smoke archival ink, sponge dauber, craft blade, steel ruler

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: