Friday, January 26, 2024

Just Add Ink #686 - Just Add Inspiration


It's time to get this party started with an inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink! Here's our image:


The first thing I thought of when I saw this was the 'Put the lime in the coconut' scene from the movie Practical Magic - anyone else's mind go there? Such a fun way to enjoy a margarita, lol.

I took the blue sky and palm leaves, as well as the general tropical vibe, as inspiration for my Hello, Sunshine card.


I cut plenty of flowers and leaves then coloured with inks and played with an arrangement until I was happy with it. The sentiment is three layers, the top one inked to match the frangipanis. On my background I embossed with leaves and sponged some matching ink around the edges, as well as around the edges of the die-cut piece the sentiment sits on. The flowers and monstera leaves were shaped before being attached.

Materials used:
  • card - basic white, starry sky (Stampin' Up)
  • dies - Hello, Sunshine (CZ Designs), Countryside Corners (SU), Tropical (Tim Holtz)
  • distress inks - twisted citron, mowed lawn, picked raspberry, candied apple, mustard seed, saltwater taffy, peacock feathers, wilted violet
  • other - starry sky ink (SU), floating foliage 3D embossing folder (Altenew), Big Shot, Dimensionals, shaping mat and tools, blending brushes, mounting tape

What comes to mind when you look at our inspiration pic? See what my team mates thought of over on the Just Add Ink blog.

Thanks for dropping by.

Aloha!
Kerry

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...


I LOVE THIS CARD! Your use of colors -- Fabulous! :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I can't stop looking at this pretty card! It is taking me to the Caribbean! The colours are magnificent and I love all the texture and dimension. Hugs, Lesley