Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Splattery Goodness Rose

Yesterday I was playing with a layering flower die but once finished I couldn't decide on a card design for it to go on. This morning I woke in the mood for some mixed media, splattery goodness - you all know how much I love getting inky! Here's how it ended up.

My background is a very, very old retired paper from Stampin' Up which has a script writing pattern. I inked over with old paper distress oxide. Over that I stencilled with grit paste and also stamped some splatters with more of the same ink. Once everything was dry, the rose and background received a liberal splattering of watered down white gesso. The last steps were mounting everything and adhering two layers of a sentiment die. 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Timeless Textures (Stampin' Up)
  • card - Sahara sand, basic black, retired SU designer paper (no idea what it's called, sorry)
  • dies - Lovely Layers Rose Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), love (stash)
  • Altenew inks - Green valley minis, Rose Petal minis
  • other - blending brushes, Big Shot, fan brush, white gesso, distress grit paste opaque, grime mini stencil (Tim Holtz), spatula, craft foam, old paper distress oxide ink

I hope you've managed some creative endeavour today. Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: