Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Card Concept #203 - New Year Love

Welcome to the first challenge of 2024 with The Card Concept! Our monthly challenges give you an inspiration photo and colour palette and you can take any aspect of our mood board as the springboard to spark your creativity.

Here's our first challenge for the year, aptly titled New Year Love:


The combination of little houses and 'Our Nest' sign brought birdhouses to mind and were the inspiration for my mixed media card, as well as the colour palette. 


I assembled my birdhouse first, running the main part through Tim Holtz's mini lumber 3D embossing folder then inking everything up with oxide inks antique linen, gathered twigs, vintage photo and candied apple. For my background I did more 3D embossing, this time with the pine branches folder which I then sponged with mowed lawn and rustic wilderness oxides. I used whatever ink was on my blue blending brush for the other areas then blended it with a water brush and dabbed off to get lighter patches. Once it was all dry I cut it into an arch and ran it through the embossing folder again to revitalise the impression. The patterned paper is a free Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration offering called Flight & Airy (aptly named, lol) and the sentiment is SU also, from the Feels Like Home set. 

What elements of our January mood board inspire you? We'd love you to join us by adding your card to our gallery, and of course there's more cards to see from my fellow design team members over on The Card Concept blog. And if you're on social media, we're on Facebook and Instagram too, so check us out!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sweet birdhouse:)