Monday, March 25, 2024

Happy Easter, Mr Rabbit

I'm sure you've probably met the very dapper Mr Rabbit already if you haunt blogs, Pinterest or social media like I do. He joined me a week or so ago but I have been saving him for closer to Easter and now it's almost here I happily sat and became acquainted with the gentleman. Here's how our first meeting went:

I began by stamping him on two pieces of Tim Holtz's specialty stamping paper so I could get the crispest, clearest image. One of those pieces became my background, which I sponged over with distress ink and did some stamping with other stamps from the set. The second piece I coloured using distress watercolour pencils then restamped - this brings back any detail lost because of the pigment from the pencils - before fussy cutting him out and attaching over the first piece. I die cut some eggs in different sizes then coloured those with distress inks, stamping dots over the top with oxide ink and sponging the edges. The plaid stamp was used on my base and then I assembled all my layers. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Mr Rabbit (Tim Holtz), Create Happiness - Elements (Stamperia)
  • card - Distress specialty stamping paper (Tim Holtz), mossy meadow (Stampin' Up)
  • dies - Nesting Eggs (Waffle Flower)
  • other Tim Holtz products - distress inks, distress watercolour pencils, water brush, antique linen and vintage photo oxide ink, ground espresso archival ink, vintage photo archival ink
  • other - blending foam tools, sponge dauber, Dimensionals, craft foam, mossy meadow ink (SU)

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (Easter/Spring), Sunday Stamps #331 Easter Bounty (I used pink, yellow and brown), and Tic Tac Toe #243 (I used the top horizontal row - Easter eggs, yellow and free). 

 

Luckily there's still time for more meetings with Mr Rabbit before Easter is upon us, so I'd better get hopping! Thanks for moseying on by.

Cheers
Kerry

8 comments:

Rob I said...

That is one cute Mr Rabbit. Love the colours you have used. Looking forward to seeing more Mr Rabbit cards

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bunny! HE made me smile! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Love that bunny! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Annette Elliott said...

Fantastic coloring of Mr. Rabbit! Love this! Thanks for playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps! Your card could also be submitted to the Global Design Project challenge that I just visited! :)

Melissa Grant said...

I am loving this Mr Rabbit! Your coloring is great and the eggs add even more color!

Karren said...

I love Mr Rabbit and am very tempted to get him, but trying hard to resist! This is such a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe.

Silke Ledlow said...

I love Mr. Rabbit...awesome card and take on the board! Thank you for playing the TTTC with us!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this Mr Rabbit...he's so full of vintage goodness!