Friday, March 29, 2024

Just Add Ink #695 - Just Add Chocolate

It may not be my week to create for Just Add Ink but there was no way in the known universe I would miss the opportunity to ...

I mean, come on! ðŸ˜‚😉 CHOC. O. LATE.!!! 

A number of years ago (we're talking more than 10 years, ohmygosh) Just Add Ink had a challenge to be inspired by the wrapper colours of our favourite chocolate bar (yep, they seriously expected us to pick just one, lol). I was lucky enough to win that challenge, so the bar is set high to best that mouthwatering winner, lol! As luck would have it, I not-so-long-ago scooped up a number of items from Stamperia's Coffee and Chocolate range - serendipitous, right? You betcha whipped ganache! Here's my card, which I feel is perfect for many occasions (and do try not to drool all over your keyboard!):

Mm mm mm m mmmmm... 

BTW, while much fun was had, sadly no chocolate was consumed in the making of this card. I know, I know - I really didn't plan that terribly well, lol. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Sentiment Strips 2 (Altenew)
  • card - basic white, early espresso
  • Stamperia Coffee & Chocolate collection - stencil, paper and Collectibles
  • distress oxide inks - Victorian velvet, vintage photo
  • other - white gesso, distress opaque texture paste, craft foam, MISTI, Sidekick, blending brushes, sponge dauber, creamy caramel ink (retired), fan brush, water spritzer, Nothing's Better Than die (SU retired)

I started by applying some texture paste through the stencil, inking once it was dry. The 'chocolate' die cut word has three layers, darker behind for a bit of shadowing and lighter on top - I even dredged out a very old ink pad to try for a close colour match. The cupcake and chocs were fussy cut and sponged around the edges then raised at different levels for dimension. The splatters are watered down gesso and I couldn't resist using paper with just blocks and blocks of choccy over my base card.

Check out some more chocolatey creations on the Just Add Ink blog and if you're inspired to make, we'd love to see your work in our gallery.

I'm entering this card in this week's Color Throwdown challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Love it - the pink and brown worked very well for this. I am trying not to salivate....trying.... xx

tirane93 said...

gorgeous use of the ctd colors! beautiful card!

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely fabulous card!

Rob I said...

OMG, you must have had some serious chocolate cravings whilst making this card. It is so realistic. The pink and brown came together beautifully. It is such a brilliant card. TFS, (even if it wasnt real chocolate!!!)

Anonymous said...

Well that’s a yummy card. Beautiful coloring.

Broni said...

Perfect card for our colors! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!