Thursday, October 24, 2024

Embrace Beautiful Chaos

I was in the mood for some mixed media play this morning and had a lovely time getting inky! With the sun out (albeit along with a cold wind), I was inspired to use bright, cheerful colours.

I began with smooshing on my background using distress spray stains then once they were dry, stencilled with texture paste. The hexagons were stamped and edged before I added the same colour inks, though in a slightly diluted form. I added the same stamps in random places on the background too, then die cut and coloured the dragonfly. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Field Notes (Tim Holtz)
  • dies - Funky Insects, Stacked Hexagons (Tim Holtz)
  • distress spray stains - salvaged patina, twisted citron
  • distress inks - dried marigold, ripe persimmon, frayed burlap
  • other - Books stencil (Stamperia), volume paste (Stamperia), palette knife, Big Shot, paint brush, Dimensionals, craft foam, Small Talk sticker (Tim Holtz), heat tool, water spritzer

I hope you have the opportunity in your day to get inky as well. Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: