Thursday, October 24, 2024

Let It Snow - Just Us Girls Challenge #750

Welcome back! It's my final week as Guest Designer at the Just Us Girls Challenge - I've had a ton of fun designing for these challenges and thank the JUGS team for the opportunity. Right now, it's stencil time!

I made a Christmas card using layering stencils as well as a standalone, and as I'm loving pink for Christmas this year, I paired a dusky pink with burgundy and white.


I started with my pink background piece, stencilling with texture paste, then I inked the snowman layering stencils and cut them using the postage collage die. Once they were attached I did gesso splatters (regular visitors will know how essential those are!). My sentiment was given an ombre ink treatment and a touch of sparkle before being mounted on vellum. 

Materials used:
  • dies - Postage Collage (Waffle Flower), Festive Words (Tim Holtz)
  • stencils - snowflake (stash), Postage Collage Snowman (Waffle Flower)
  • distress inks/oxide inks - lumberjack plaid, carved pumpkin, black soot, vintage photo
  • other - opaque texture paste (TH), blending brushes, Big Shot, Dimensionals, white gesso, fan brush, clear Wink of Stella, craft foam

I hope you'll get out your stencils and have fun creating - and if you do, be sure to share and link up for the challenge. There's more samples to inspire you over on the Just Us Girls Challenge blog, so pop over for a look.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

cm said...

Kerry, your postage collage snowman are adorable and the pink snowy background is ever so pretty. I just had a play with my set the other day; so much fun. Gesso splatters, you say? I need to try that. Thank you for sharing your abundant creativity with us this month!
~carol