Friday, May 15, 2009

Everything's coming up roses

Alright, I give up! C'mon! It's not fair to have so many gorgeous samples on so many blogs and not expect me to cave and buy the set! I admit it, I am weak! You know I just HAD TO HAVE Fifth Avenue Floral - how could I resist any longer?!!!!!

So, in line with the NRR (that's New Rubber Rule), I had to play with it straight away! This first card is just a run of the mill watercolouring using watercolour crayons in pale plum and perfect plum. For the background I stamped the image repeatedly using Versamark ink.

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

The next card uses a watercolouring technique I saw on Patti Bennett's blog and was originally created by Crystal French. They used shimmer cardstock which SU here doesn't carry, so I've substituted regular whisper white. Also, the instructions say use whisper white ink and clear embossing powder, but I found (trial and error) that white embossing powder gives a nicer finish. It is a lot of fun and you can get spectacular colours, so what are you waiting for? Go on, pop over and watch the video tutorial, then give it a try!

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

And my third card uses inks on watercolour paper and this time I've stepped out of my square and used orange tones - pumpkin pie and tangerine tango.

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Hope your day is coming up roses too!

Cheers

Kez

No comments: