Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Goodies


Over at Crafters Anonymous I joined in the Easter Swap for a bit of fun. Our brief was:
  • Rule 1: Item MUST contain Chocolate
  • Rule 2: It can be any medium
  • Rule 3: It must be in a bag or box
Since my swap buddy, Theresa, has let me know that she has received my goodies, I can now show them to you.

Firstly I made an easel card and my colours were heavily influenced by some lovely cards made by Jenny Moors as I liked her Spring-like combo. I pulled out the A Good Egg set for it's annual dust off! and set to work. 


Now, boxes aren't really my strength but I figure I'll only get better if I practice (that's the theory anyway!), so firstly I had an attempt at a box made with the scallop envelope die. I'm not completely sure that it is perfectly square, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Here's my effort:



Next I made a box made from the mini milk carton die and I felt more confident with this one. I've gone with the simple tie top version and yes, there's a chick on all six sides. I think I'll be making some more of these; they were reasonably easy and I love how it looks a lot like a bag.



The best part was filling them with chocolate goodies! I added in some little chicks too for a bit of fun.

Materials used:
  • stamps - A Good Egg
  • card - peach parfait, so saffron, Baja breeze, watercolour paper
  • DSP - so saffron patterned (retired), peach parfait patterned, Baja breeze patterned (retired)
  • ribbon - Baja breeze seam binding, pumpkin pie grosgrain
  • punches - scallop circle, XL scallop circle, 2 3/8" circle, non SU circle, large oval, scallop oval, decorative label
  • other - mini milk carton die, scallop envelope die, so saffron brads, crop-o-dile
Hope you're having fun making Easter projects too! Tomorrow I'll show you the lovely things Theresa made for me!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

These are fabulous!! Lucky Theresa :-)

Haven't seen the milk carton used like this before. What a fab idea Kez!

Juliette Chapman said...

Lovely job Kez. You right this colour combination is gorgeous.

Lynda said...

We did something v v similar on Ink4U with the milkcartons. It looks so cool Kerry. The wee Easter basket is GORJUS...and you are the queen of easel. The colours are certainly fab and funky....just like their creator. Well done. ooxx

Carla said...

What an awesome set!!! I'm lovin' the colors and esp the Milk Carton Box!!! I will have to try one of those. Hugs,