Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Am Sailing, I Am Sailing ...

... insert gravelly Rod Stewart voice here, LOL!

I managed to get all my things for Unconvention prepared (don't forget to come back on Sunday to see them), so I've been having a play with the a la carte stamp, Sail Away. Such a great stamp for making bloke cards. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was "disappointed" (read jealous) that we didn't get the nautical papers they have in the US mini - so I had a little word with DH's rellies over in the States and they bought some for me. Of course they have extra appeal as they use Kerry Cobbler!

On the first one I've paper pieced the sails and added some jumbo eyelets and bakers twine:


My second card was inspired by a card by LeeAnn Greff - I really liked her helm idea. On this one I love the combination of the map, sentiment and sail boat - I know my DH would love to sail off around the world for adventures! (You can click on the photo for a closer look)


Did you notice the extra seagull in this one? Perfect way to cover up a splotch!

Thanks for calling in. Hope your day is the perfect adventure!

Cheers
Kez

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

FANTASTIC! Gotta love U.S. relatives, bless them. Love the first card especially, Kerry, and I laughed at the "Kerry Cobbler" comment; don't blame you for taking ownership of it. Such a great colour.

Unknown said...

Your post made me chuckle Kez.
I really like the 2nd card with the red (Kerry Cobbler) and blue. I am going to call upon my rellies in the States to do the same as you. Somethings you just gotta have.

Kim Tonnet said...

You lucky ducky! I am also very envious of those papers in that US of A. I was just wondering what dear Kerry was up to - so glad I popped over. Can't stay long, too tired to dwell but looking forward to your Unconvention post. Feeling somewhat unsettled by all the rave reviews of Convention - know I just couldn't have afforded to attend - but it still stings. Luv K

Kim Tonnet said...

P.S. I just love the "helm" card. I want that paper...K

DD19 said...

There's no point in covering it up if you're going to tell everyone! Silly Kerry :-P we never would have noticed otherwise.

Juliette Chapman said...

Love these cards Kez - so wish we had these papers they would be so perfect for my Dad. Just wish I had relatives in the US. Oh well:(

Kathryn Brennan said...

Outstanding. Love both cards.

Patricia Gessner said...

Kerry, I love what you did with these cards and I am glad you have relatives to help you out.