Friday, July 8, 2011

Brayering 101

My Sunday ladies - feeling proud of their recent upgrade from beginner to intermediate, LOL - are giving brayering a try this week, so I've made some cards with simple brayering to start them off.

Firstly a floral vision in pinks with some watercolouring thrown in for extra fun. I cased a card I made at stamp camp a couple of years back. Looks more gorgeous IRL, the subtle pinks don't show well in my photo.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Best Yet, Fabulous Florets
  • card - pink pirouette, whisper white, chocolate chip, watercolour paper
  • inks - pink pirouette, blushing bride, chocolate chip
  • other - stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, blushing bride marker, brayer

Next a masculine card and I've given the sailboat a rest this time in favour of the Motorcycle a la carte stamp. Two of my ladies' husbands are big into bikes, so they will love this one. I have cased a card by Kristine McNickle as I just love her colour combination and simple design.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Motorcycle, Best Yet
  • card - whisper white, river rock, basic black
  • inks - peach parfait, river rock, always artichoke, basic black, black StazOn
  • other - dimensionals, 35 mm punch, 38 mm punch (non SU), brayer, Versamark pen, clear embossing powder, heat gun

And lastly a card using my go-to set when I want a stunning card using almost any technique - Inspired by Nature. This one was cased from Laurie F.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Inspired by Nature
  • card - very vanilla, basic black, more mustard
  • inks - so saffron, more mustard, cajun craze
  • other - dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, brayer, sponge dauber

If you fancy an intro class in brayering at your place, why not email me here - sorry, won't go outside state borders (unless of course, you pay the airfare!) LOL!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Patrice said...

Each of these cards is just gorgeous Kerry. I love how subtle the colours are.

I shy away from brayering, for some reason I always stuff it up. Would love to attend one of your beginner classes, alas it's big drive from me to you.

Paula Dobson said...

I just love the subtle colour with the flowers Kez - so beautiful! Wish I had that stamp set so I could CASE your card! I am lucky enough to have one of Kristine's originals though - lucky me!

Robyn P said...

Love the pink card in particular. So soft and subtle and such delicate shading. I am sure in real life it is even pretty than it looks in the photo.

Jacqui said...

Kerry you really are a wizz with that brayer. Especially love the pink card (....and I'm not even a pink girl!)

Rob I said...

oh my gosh, you've done it again. Wow is not enough - mmm must practise my brayering more - tfs Kez

Carla said...

Sure, there you go with 'fine print'... but I sure wish I could afford that airfare! I would do it in a heartbeat!!! Your cards and brayering are beautiful. I love the colors and softness! Stunning! Hugs,

Lynda said...

You really know how to guilt a gal huh??? Kerry, these are magical beyond words. Of course IBN holds a speccy place in my heart, but I too also am (oddly) drawn to the pink one....bizzare really!!! I am so glad that ur ladies graduated to brayering.....one day (insert wistful far away and distant sigh.....)...LOL!! ooxx