Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Home On The Range

High on my "To Do" list this week was to create a third card for my Brayering 201 class coming up soon and I decided to play with new in colours Pool Party and Island Indigo.

I had originally intended to add some leaves in the foreground, but once I had done my masking for the mountains, I changed my mind. The reason for that is when I looked at it, it reminded me of the Blue Mountains on a hazy day and how they got their name. So I simplified by just adding some birds (from the Sail Away stamp) and here you have my home!


I just ADORE these two new colours and can see me getting a LOT of use out of them over the next two years!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Sail Away
  • card - whisper white, pool party, island indigo
  • inks - pool party, island indigo
  • other - brayer, dimensionals, scrap paper, sponge dauber, black marker

Thanks for stopping in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

I LOVE your Blue Mountains Kerry! Your brayering is absolutely lovely, my friend!

Lynda said...

Ur Blue Mthns are idyllic!!! Can just see where u were in my mind!! I do like these 2 colours...but sadly I still cannot warn to any of the new in colours at all. Your repetivie exposure of them to me may help soften my thoughts tho!! Such a simple yet beautiful brayering thing. U are such a master of it. Yes...I also inked my brayer...keep ur eye out for the train wreck on my blog soon!! ooxx