Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dispatches

Sympathy cards are by their very nature the most difficult to make I think. We all have trouble knowing what to say to someone who has lost a loved one. From my experience, it's not the actual words that are said that helps, but the knowledge that someone cares.

I don't like anything too gushy, so keep the sentiments on my cards simple and hope the recipient knows they come from the heart. For design you can't go wrong with nature, whether your card is for a man or woman.


(cased from Christine Z)

Materials used:
  • Stamps - Elements of Style, Thoughts and Prayers
  • Card - Baja breeze, whisper white, basic black
  • Other - non SU embossing folder, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig


For this one I stamped the leaves on watercolour paper using the different coloured inks, then "smooshed" over them with a clean, wet aquapainter to add that little touch of watercoloured look to them. First time I've tried it and I like how it turned out, so I'll be sure to give that another go sometime.

Materials used:
  • stamps - French Foliage, Thoughts and Prayers
  • card - cajun craze, more mustard, early espresso, watercolour
  • inks - more mustard, cajun craze, cherry cobbler, tangerine tango, early espresso
  • other - dimensionals, aquapainter

Hope my Hatches, Matches and Dispatches have inspired you. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Ok...commenting on an even keel this AM!!! I do Love BOTH your "dispatch" cards. EOS is brilliant for this kind of thing. however, I really am fond of the water effect on the 2nd card. It's beautiful. Bunting Brilliance!! ooxx (off to waffle some more now!!)