Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Long Time Coming

It has been quite a while since I made a card for a challenge, but this week the colours over at Just Add Ink really appealed and I decided I'd have a go. Here's the combo:


I love the new in colours and the opportunity to use them was one I couldn't pass up! I got out my Domestic Goddess papers for inspiration as they have pool party, calypso coral and whisper white. Once I saw the paper with the little flowers on, an idea came to mind and so my card was born.

Here tis:


DD19 (home for a few days from uni) saw it and said she absolutely loves it - so I'm thinking it might end up down in Melbourne. Very fitting sentiment for a uni student too ....

Materials used:
  • stamps - Up, Up and Away
  • card - crumb cake, calypso coral, whisper white, Domestic Goddess DSP
  • ink - pool party, calypso coral, basic black
  • other - cupcake punch, dimensionals, 1 3/4" circle punch

I hope you can see it OK - for quite apart from it being a cold, wet and dark day, I spent last night at the hospital with DD13 and got no sleep whatsoever, so my eyes aren't exactly reliable right now! And daylight savings started this morning (first time I've ever been awake at 2 am to see it change to 3 am!) so I've lost an hour as well! Off to bed with me for a while before I need to check on DD again.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

8 comments:

Julie said...

I do so love those colours as well, great card. Hope your daughters ok.

Lynda said...

Wow Kerry, I hope DD13 is OK....was it T1 related???? Sleep deprivation is never fun....esp during DLS time to. You shd feel severely ripped off!!
On the upside...ur card rocks!! It has a wonderful whimsical touch to it. Hope all settles down ur way soon...and Mr Sandman drops by!!! ooxx (to all of you)

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What a fun card, Kerry! I love that up up and away set!
I hope your daughter's feeling better and that you managed to catch up on some sleep. I love daylight savings but the first couple of weeks are always hard to get use to.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The colours are certainly appealing as is your cute card. So glad you could join in this week at JAI.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Must have another look at that DSP! I was convinced I didn't need any ... but perhaps I do??? Hugs xxaxx

Mae's Cachet said...

A sweet card for a sweet colour combo. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Kim Tonnet said...

Hi Kerry. Thinking of you & hope you daughter is on the mend. Luv KimT

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

The papers make all the difference! Just wonderful design, Kez! Hugs xx