Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cruising

I love cruise control.

In fact, on our 10 hour journey home from Melbourne yesterday, cruise control was my BFF.

Mind you, I wish I had $1 for every kamikaze insect that gave up its life to attack my windscreen - would cover the cost of petrol for the round trip, I reckon, lol!!!

We had a successful trip and managed to find DD19 a great flat to live in with an excellent location and facilities, so she is all excited about moving in at the end of Feb when uni starts. The apartment complex boasts two swimming pools (one indoor, one outdoor), a tennis court, BBQ area and gymnasium - I think maybe I should move down there too!!!

However it sure is nice to be home and I can't wait to get into my craft stuff, but for now will show you a card I made before we went away.

Over at Splitcoaststampers you can get tons of inspiration for great cards and it is usually my first port of call when I get a new stamp set. Today's card is a case of one by "marmie43gs" - she used bright primary colours but I have changed mine for a more feminine look with pinks and purples.


Up, Up and Away is a set you might overlook but I think it's great for masculine cards of all ages and as you can see here, looks terrific in girly colours too - good for teens, I reckon!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Up, Up and Away
  • card - Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess), concord crush, bashful blue, whisper white, melon mambo, wisteria wonder
  • punches - small tag, large tag, cupcake
  • other - dimensionals, melon mambo grosgrain ribbon, white bakers twine, stripes EF, Big Shot, sponge dauber

Thanks for stopping by today.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card Kerry - I've just discovered this set too (which I had previously overlooked) and have inked it up as well. I've only made masculine cards but it looks fantastic for girls as well. Cheers!

Lynda said...

This is such a fun and fabulous card Kez.Very sweet indeed. I love SCS (as you can prob tell fm all the cards I CASE fm there...hee hee hee). I hope you managed to get all the bugs fm ur windscreen and grill. ooxx

Cindy Beach said...

Kerry,
This is a great card and I LOVE it paired with the feminine colors of the DSP. Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder to pull this set off the shelf and ink it up!

Kathryn Brennan said...

The design is great - so much to look at and the colours work really well.