Monday, September 10, 2012

Fancy A Spot Of Tea?

One project I have been meaning to try for ages is a tea caddy so I was really pleased when I finally got around to making one recently. As happens so often with 3D projects, it really wasn't as difficult as I imagined! I decided to try another and make some adaptations.




Now, as this was made for DD14, polka dots were an absolute given, as was a green teapot! I had some handles left over from an easel drawer card project a while back (see here if interested), so added one to the lid to make it easy to get on and off. The base is covered chipboard to make it nice and sturdy and I will be giving the whole thing a coat or two of sealant which will hopefully protect it from the "elements" (ie the chaos that ensues in the kitchen!). The teabags inside are not green just to colour match - DD's favourite is Irish Breakfast!!!

It is just over 4"tall and holds 12 tea bags quite comfortably.

Materials used:
  • card - real red, whisper white, gumball green, polka dots dsp, chipboard, in colours patterned paper
  • other - windows framelits dies, dimensionals, sticky strip, Big Shot
  • non SU - handle, teapot die
I am pleased to report that DD loves it and can't wait to start using it, so I am very happy with my efforts! No doubt DD20 will be wanting one now as well!

As the theme is polka dots over at Just Add Ink this week, I'm entering it for that challenge.

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: I have made up a tutorial for this so if you'd like a copy please scroll up a few posts and you will find the link. 

9 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is gorgeous!

Instructions or tutorial to share?? Pretty please???

Christine Blain said...

Oh, it's fabulous, Kez! Red and white polka dot paper - be still my beating heart! Love your use of a little handle on the lid, and the colours you've used are so bright and cheery. Glad you could play along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Tina said...

So very cute! I love the red and white polka dots. I really should make myself one of these too. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Great project Kes, l love 3D entries and this is so cute with the polka dots and handle. l'm sure DD was over the moon...:0)
Thanks for joining us at JAI.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

OH WOW what a super cool idea!! I just love it and it's perfect for the challenge at JAI this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous box! Can you send my the tute too please Kez! Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week!

Margaret said...

This is fantastic! Love the bright cheerful paper and colors, and the handle is perfect for this!! Fabulous work!!

Karla Dick said...

I would love a copy of the tutorial!
karla.dick@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would love a copy of your tea bag holder tutorial. It will make great gifts for friends of mine. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents!