Friday, September 14, 2012

Technical Difficulties

I've been having a lot of technical difficulties with my crafting over the past couple of days.

Computer fritzing? No. Tools failing? No. Materials inferior? No.

Just me.

I am having ONE OF THOSE DAYS. Well, three days really. So much so I am ready to scream in frustration!

It all began on Wednesday night when I started working on a Halloween wreath. After spending quite some time winding ribbon around my wreath, I discovered that I had left gaps way back about 1/3 of the way around .... so had to unravel everything and begin again. Same thing happened again! OK, I decided, I was probably tired and it was time to hit the sack. Step away from the wreath!

On Thursday morning I decided that, even though it is my "week off" making a Color Me Beautiful design team card, I would give it a go as I like the colours and had an idea in my head. I sat and worked on it for a couple of hours before I had to go off to work but wasn't terribly happy with the result. I was leaving some crystal effects to dry, so would take another look later when I got home.

Nope, didn't do it for me later either. Tried something else. Another no-go. Hmmm, leave it till tomorrow.

This morning I have re-worked my card, spending ages fiddling with my stamp-a-ma-jig to line things up just right. Darn it! Still not satisfied - it needed something to make it pop. Try a different background colour. Oh, botheration! OK, abandon that design and think up something fresh - RATS! another disaster!

NOT HAPPY JAN!

So I have completely given up a challenge card and will go off to look at bathroom tiles instead - maybe my crafting stuff just needs to be ignored for a while and it might miss me and behave when I return? Hey, it's a theory!

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, we all have weeks like this, where nothing works and we make a lot of pretty trash. Stepping away is a good idea. I wait until I'm inspired and can't WAIT to get back in there. Hey, maybe you'll be inspired at the tile store!

Lynda said...

Sending you lots of love and hugs sweetie...crafty, friendly and all others inbetween. MWAH ooxx

Margaret said...

Kerry, I can relate! My biggest problem right now is not having a lot of time to be creative and I do not do well with squeezing in crafting time. I feel like I spend a lot more time thinking than doing! Here's hoping your mojo returns and all goes well!