Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Goodies Galore

Wednesday morning was super-excitement morning at our place as the postie delivered BRAND NEW GOODIES! It's always fun when a new catalogue comes out but with the amazing bonus of not one but two new catalogues, well! it's hard to contain all those squeals! LOL

Anyway, I promised my lovely ladies that I would have a feast of new stuff for them to play with in class this week, so I had the terrible burden of having to sit and play with my goodies to create cards. Sigh! It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!!!

Here's what I came up with.

Firstly, some watercolouring with the gorgeous Pleasant Poppies background stamp. Aren't they beautiful?! This one was cased from Judy May.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - watercolour, real red, basic black
  • other - aquapainter, large scallop edgelits die, fancy fan embossing folder, rhinestones

Then I wanted to make a jar. Is it awful to admit that I bought this set and matching dies just because I love the jar? That's not obsessive at all, right? Ha! Don't tell DH!

Anyway, I punched the tiny flowers using some itty bitty punches and squeezed a dab of dazzling details in the centre. Tip of the day: when you're not sure what colours to put with something (like I was wondering what to put with the more mustard) then you can't go wrong choosing colours from the same colour collection. Enter cherry cobbler and elegant eggplant!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Perfectly Preserved
  • card - more mustard, very vanilla, cherry cobbler, elegant eggplant, dsp, watercolour
  • other - cannery dies, dimensionals, aquapainter, punches, KindyGlitz, finishing touches edgelits die, elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbon

And last but not least I just had to make a birthday card using the wonderful Happy Hour set. I love the sheer ebullient nature of this set and all the little details you get with it. Add to that some polka dot papers (new) and you have a bright, cheerful card. Inspired by a card by Sharon Burkert.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Happy Hour
  • card - marina mist, daffodil delight, whisper white, real red, polka dot dsp
  • other - banner die, dimensionals, 1" square punch

Well, I'd better sacrifice myself once more and get back to the card mines! lol

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Sooooooooooo jealous. I have my goodies...just need decent amt of time to play!!!! LURVE the poppies and the scallop border. There is nothing wrong with OCD and Bling!!! The polka dots are v v cute. Brilliant job on all Kez (and DD). ooxx

Margaret said...

Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time!! The poppies are gorgeous! Love the elegance of this card! I can completely relate to the jar thing! I still have a very retired SU set that I refuse to part with because of the jar and flowers! It also has a cute little frog, but he's not why I keep it!)
All three cards are fantastic and such a great way to show off those new goodies!

Kathryn Brennan said...

Love these cards. the first is so elegant. thanks for sharing your work.