Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tying Up Your Man

Now don't go calling Social Services on me, I don't mean literally tying your fella up and keeping him captive! (Although, if that's what you're into, it's none of my business, lol!) My header is a pun because the theme of my masculine projects today is ties. Of the neck wear variety, that is.

A while back at stamp camp we made this great tie-shaped box and I finally got around to making a matching card for it. Perfect for birthday or Father's Day (I just missed both!).

There's a great argyll embossing folder in the new catalogue that would be perfect for this, but as my order hasn't arrived yet (hurry up Mr Postie!) I used a retired wheel instead.




New in colours midnight muse and gumball green make a great combo, don't they? Remember that old rhyme "Blue and green should never be seen without another colour in between"? What a load of old cobblers!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Best Dad Ever, argyll wheel (retired)
  • card - midnight muse, gumball green, whisper white
  • other - rhinestones, silver brads, non SU chain, markers

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: a couple of people have asked about a template for the box. I made enquiries and it was a purchased tutorial which is probably copyrighted. However, I found a very similar template and tutorial here that you might find useful.

7 comments:

Rob I said...

kewl box Kez. Love the stripes on the tie box.. You matched the tie card perfectly. Better late than never

Lynda said...

Looks like a couple of us are sweatin on Aussie Post!!!
Is there anything you cannot do Kez?? I love this box (and you know how much I love co-ordinated gifts!!) It rocks so much. ooxx

Anonymous said...

Love the tie box! Any way that you could share the template? Very cute.

Margaret said...

Oh the things we learn about each other in blogland... hee!hee!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tie box with the chain and tack! And your card is fabulous too! Hope your new goodies arrive soon!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks great!!! Do you have a tutorial or directions for the tie box??? I'd love to have it!

Jacquel said...

Oh I LOVE that box! The colors you used are FAB together too Hun! Awesome work & TFS!!!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

That looks like my novelty tie box template. http://melanieschulenberg.blogspot.com/2011/06/novelty-boxes-for-dad.html

What a great job you did! I love how the box and card coordinates.