Friday, October 19, 2012

In Which I Use A Button

I love buttons.

I love them in all different colours, shapes and sizes.

I have quite a few buttons (I am assuming that, as similarly compulsive, obsessive crafters, you will know the real meaning of the phrase "quite a few".)

They are kept in cute little jars on my shelf, arranged in colours.

How often do I actually USE a button on my cards and/or projects?

Yeah, something about blue moons I think! :P

So today is a red-letter day 'cos I did actually use a button! Huzzah! 

The lucky recipient of said fastener is my DT card for this week's Color Me Beautiful challenge. Here are the inspiration photo and colour combo:



Aren't they gorgeous? For my card I was inspired by aspects of a number of cards I've seen around cyberspace blogdom and finally meshed them all into this:




Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies, French Foliage
  • card - perfect plum, river rock, soft suede, very vanilla, First Edition DSP
  • other - Baja breeze seam binding, perfect plum button, string, blender pen, sponge dauber, finishing touches edgelits die, glue dot, Big Shot

We would love you to visit the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with this week - and of course to be inspired to take part in the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez



6 comments:

Robyn P said...

Great colour combo and lovely design as well. Well done for using a (just 1) button !!

Patrice said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kerry, love the colours you've chosen here.

sharon said...

Shtunning!!!!!

Paula Dobson said...

And I thought I was the only collecter of buttons Kez! I see you managed to restrain yourself and only use one, lol

A gorgeous card, beautiful colours ♥

Lynda said...

I REALLY like this card Kez...a LOT. Something so whimsical about it. The Baja pops so brightly...I thought it was Pool Party...hee hee hee. it's just beautiful. ooxx

Kathryn Brennan said...

This is so striking. The suggested colour combo was inspired.