Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas Boxes and Tags

Last week's Christmas class focused on gift boxes and tags and I was busy for days beforehand creating samples to inspire my ladies. Here are the boxes we made in class:


This star box is a template from Lauren Meader and is very simple to put together. I decorated by stamping in crumb cake ink using Bells and Boughs and added a tulle bow and poinsettia with pearls.

Our next treat was a hexagon box made from the mini milk carton die - you've seen plenty of these before. As I used some "bauble" papers (Snow Festival dsp), I added a bauble shaped tag to match.


And lastly a simple fancy favour box, stamped with snowflakes and decorated with tulle, chunky glitter, snowflake (snow flurry die) and sentiment from More Merry Messages.


Other boxes I had for display:


Fancy Favour box again, doubled this time, plus a box made from four scallop envelopes.


SU's kraft gift boxes. The gingerbread paper is non SU but so adorable I couldn't resist!


Some simple candy wrappers.


A petal cone hanging decoration plus elongated candy wrapper.

I had also prepared a smattering of tags to give my ladies some ideas and then I gave them free run with dies, papers, ribbon, stamps, punches and more! It was bedlam there for a while, lol!!!





It has been fun doing Christmas things - homemade items always add that extra special personal touch!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Lordy girl...what a flurry of festive creativity. LURVE the star box (but I always have had a fancy for the odd shaped things....hee hee hee) as well as the milk carton hexagon box. The tags are delish. just too much to LURVE really. ooxx

Helen said...

WOW, you have been keeping busy, haven't you? Nice to see the owls have made an appearance again, love the reindeer owl!

Margaret said...

These are absolutely amazing and I have decided that I really need to sprout wings so I can fly over for a play date!! Gorgeous work!!