Sunday, February 10, 2013

February Sweets

I have a class with my sweet Sunday ladies this week and have left my creating until the not-quite-last-minute! (It's been a busy week!) I wanted to use the gorgeous honeycomb embossing folder again as I just LOVE this thing, so first up is a touch of yellow, black and white.


Do you recognise the roses? They are the flower trim from the Seasonal catalogue which I have coloured in a solution of water and re-inker.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Vintage Verses (SAB), Layered Labels, Four Frames
  • card - daffodil delight, basic black, World Spectacular dsp
  • other - honeycomb E/F, Big Shot, apothecary accents die, little leaves die, paper doily, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, flower trim
  • non SU - white linen card, organza ribbon

Another colour that goes beautifully with black is pool party and I've used plenty of it in this next card. To give my embossed panel a slightly deeper shade, I inked up my embossing folder before running it through the Big Shot.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Serene Silhouettes
  • card - pool party, basic black, whisper white
  • other - fancy fan E/F, Big Shot, windows framelit die, 1" circle punch, sponges, SAB ribbon, dimensionals
  • non SU - post-it note

Now for something completely different - a boldly coloured masculine card using a couple of new items from the Seasonal catty. (Well, I thought it would make a good masculine card, but DD14 loves it and has claimed it for herself!)


Materials used:
  • stamps - That's The Ticket, Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired hostess)
  • card - cherry cobbler, summer starfruit, whisper white, World Spectacular dsp
  • other - hearts a flutter framelit dies, Big Shot, ticket duo punch, modern label punch, dimensionals, adorning accents edgelit die, sponge dauber

And I am hoping we will have time for a bonus project as well - a cute little gift box inspired by Jen Takacs:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Friendship Preserves
  • card - First Edition dsp, very vanilla
  • other - paper doily, sponge, windows framelits die, Big Shot, flower trim, SAB ribbon

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Lynda said...

So many sweets here Kez...and the kind I can indulge in without guilt. LOVE the honeycomb EF....dying to get my hands on it and I think I need to take a 2nd look at that rose trim too....AAARRRGGGHH. Pool and black card...def fave and the box and DD's clained card rock. You have created a sweet strom. ooxx

Andrea said...

Kez, I LOOOOVEEE!!!! your pool party card... and of course all the others. I wish I could just pop in for a class. Lovely work as usual.

Rob I said...

OMG I had just gotten through looking at the honeycomb card thinking how gorjuss it was when I saw card number 2. OMG!!!!!!!!! My jaw literally dropped. That is one helluva card. I really need to make it, words cant describe its beauty. Yep the male card is lovely as is the gift box (great samples of how to use the flower trims) but I think it might take a while for you to top the pool party card.

Paula Dobson said...

Well you put my measley effort yesterday to shame Kez! You have been busy. I haven't got my new stuff yet. You have me champing at the bit now!

Karren said...

Wow! All beautiful projects! Can't choose a favourite - they're all wonderful.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous selection of projects. Thanks so much for linking up your beautiful Serene Silhouettes Card at still addINKtive - just stunning!