Tuesday, April 9, 2013

For The Blokes

Cards for the men in our lives is the theme for classes this month, cos we all know how difficult they can be to make cards for. Mine is, for sure!


First up a card that can be for either sex (and may in fact end up being sent to DD21) using the new promotional kit of papers and stamps called Sent With Love.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Sent With Love
  • card - island indigo, whisper white, real red, Sent With Love dsp
  • other - in colour brad, square punch, dimensionals, cloudy day E/F, Big Shot

Next one of my favourite male sets in a joy fold card. I still have heaps of these Nautical Expedition papers hoarded away - they go with the stamp set 'just like peas and carrots' as Forrest Gump would say! But if you didn't stack up and need them, you can get them on MDS (how handy is that?).




Materials used:
  • stamps - The Open Sea, Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired hostess), Best Dad Ever
  • card - night of navy, cherry cobbler, whisper white, Nautical Expedition dsp
  • other - cherry cobbler bakers twine, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, square punch, dimensionals, crystal effects

And lastly I dusted off a set they gave us at the regionals last year and which I haven't used since - I thought it would be character building to use it (lol). Once I got going I decided I rather like it after all! Ain't it always the way?


Materials used:
  • stamps - Clockworks, Best Dad Ever
  • card - more mustard, midnight muse, very vanilla, vellum
  • other - gold embossing powder, heat tool, gold brad, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, 1 1/4" circle punch

This one was inspired by a number of cards but mostly one by Erna Logtenberg. I will miss more mustard when it goes - a great colour for masculine or Autumnal cards. I'd better order some more!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Great cards, Kez! I especially love the Sent With Love card; very cool.

Lynda said...

Awesome blokey cards as always Kez. I am too a massive fan of Open Sea and am warming to Clockworks slowly. Brilliant colour combos too. ooxx

Margaret said...

Wonderful guy cards! Love the variety of designs too!