Saturday, April 13, 2013

Oh Pooh!

I realised yesterday that I've been suffering from a new kind of malaise.

Yup, I have HDD.

What is HDD? Seriously, you have to ask? I am totally surprised you haven't heard of it already.

It's Honeycomb Deprivation Disorder.


No, not that kind.

This kind:


Yes, I was seriously deficient in honeycomb patterns and needing to craft with some sooooooooo badly! At first I was going to get a quick fix by using my honeycomb embossing folder, but then I thought no, I'll use the honeycomb punch in MDS and make pretty patterns!

(I do hope SU realise that if they don't come out with a honeycomb punch or die in the new catalog, there will almost certainly be a mutiny from demos and customers around the globe. Perhaps somebody should warn them. Just sayin')

For this project I used the colours from the Fab Friday challenge
Now you might not immediately think "baby card" with these colours, but I was in the mood for soft and pastel so I muted them down a bit by reducing the opacity - then they were just perfect for what I had in mind. Here tis:


Awww, sweet! (except the lighting is bad - click on it for a closer look)

Materials used:

  • stamps - Baby Bundle, Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
  • card - pool party, whisper white, white linen (non SU), vellum
  • other - MDS, pool party seam binding, apothecary accents die, dimensionals, calypso coral bakers twine, polka dots embossing folder, Big Shot, large oval punch, pearls, bow tying machine (non SU)

If you should happen to be a fellow HDD sufferer, well, firstly, I feel your pain. Secondly, put down that dishrag, abandon the vacuum, farm out the kids and go honeycomb!

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez


10 comments:

Unknown said...

How did you get the two different sizes of labels?

Kerry Parkinson said...

Anon - the coral label is cut with the apothecary accents die; the crumb cake label is made from the matching stamp from the Everything Eleanor stamp set and cut out by hand.

Amanda Mertz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they colors could be a baby card! Well done. Love the custom MDS background DSP….sooooo smart! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Kerry, you crack me up with your HDD. Cute card, I'm also hoping for the Honeycomb punch. Carolyn x

Lynda said...

Dunno if I qualify as a kindred mind...but oh snap...i was thinking just the same abt a honeycomb punch/framelits JUST the other day....dare to dream. LOVE the card darl...so gorjus for a new arrival. Snap too...I posted Piglet today. ooxx

Amy O said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your custom-made dsp in MDS! Love it! Your bow and layered labels are gorgeous too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Mary said...

The colours are gorgeous Kerry - love your card.
Mary

Marla Reed said...

This is precious! I love the combinations of patterns and the colors you chose. The little bear accenting the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

This is precious! I love the combinations of patterns and the colors you chose. The little bear accenting the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Margaret said...

LOL! You are so funny! HDD, I will have to remember that!
Your baby card is so sweet and your handmade honeycomb paper is so pretty!
I'm not sure when you get your new catalog, but a little birdy told me there's a punch that might help your condition!