Thursday, April 25, 2013

Poppies



It's ANZAC Day today in both Australia and New Zealand, and what better day to show a poppy card? Growing up in NZ poppies were always worn for ANZAC Day (whereas here in Aus it tends to be rosemary), so poppies will always be associated with this day for me.

I found some gorgeous poppy paper not long ago and knew instantly it would look terrific teamed with SU's Pleasant Poppies stamp, which I love. So here's my card, which is simple but (I think) gorgeous.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - confetti cream, watercolour, soft suede, 
  • other - very vanilla satin ribbon, pearls
  • non SU -  nestabilities dies, Kaisercraft paper

Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying your day. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Know I drew a deep breath when I saw this Kez. It is beautiful beyond words and perhaps one of my fave creations of yours!!! Gotta love random finds like the poppy DSP. Just stunning....off to ogle at it s'more. ooxx

Margaret said...

This is stunning! The poppies are gorgeous and your paper matches perfectly!

In America, our Veterans groups make paper poppies to use as a fund raiser. I thought it was interested that they share the same flower.