Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Like A Pirate

Ahoy there! Greetings from on board SV Aurora Leigh nestled snugly in the Netherlands. I've been on the boat for two weeks now and am settling in nicely. We've had our very first ever visitors - DD27 and her partner - and just after they left my craft goodies arrived. That is to say, the limited supply of crafting gear I sent over in a shipping container. Here they are in a nook in the saloon:


So, having gotten a few important tasks out of the way, I decided to do some creating. Unfortunately I discovered I had left two very essential items at home in Australia - my aqua brush/pen and my StazOn ink. Darn it! I can order more from SU over here, of course, but that's more waiting around for things to be delivered, ho hum. Serves me right. Luckily I'm reasonably good at adapting (nothing to do with a lifetime of making errors, why would you think that? Puh-lease; it's like you don't know me at all).

This week's challenge over at the CAS on Sunday blog is People and the only people stamps I have with me are mermaids and pirates, so aaaaaarrrrggghhh matey, pirates it is. Here's my clean and simple card (excuse the quality of the photo; I'll have to get used to the light on board for snapping shots):


Materials used:
  • stamps - MFT Party Like a Pirate
  • card - whisper white, granny apple green
  • other - stitched rectangle framelits (Scrap Dragon), Big Shot, blender pen, ocean sequins (Clear Scraps), watercolour pencils, markers - Sahara sand, soft sky

I coloured with SU's watercolour pencils then used a blender pen rather than aqua painter. It gives a slightly different look but I don't mind it at all. I tried to give his face a sort of grubby/sunburnt effect which I'm not sure quite worked. And as I had to use Memento ink (because of the whole forgetting my StazOn fiasco), the solvent in the blender pen doesn't make the ink run like water would. Then, naturally - and just to add a cherry to the top of my forget pile - I found I'd also forgotten to bring glue with which to adhere the sequins. I think I should maybe walk the plank.

Thanks for sailing by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

OMG I laughed at what you left behind, 2 items was pretty good. Cute pirate, just be careful that you aren't made to walk the plank. TFS