Sunday, October 20, 2019

Believe

As you all know, I like to challenge myself every now and then with a CAS (Clean and Simple) card. The folks over at CAS Sunday have a very intriguing challenge at the moment - to use a BIG sentiment. Whelp, before I knew it, an idea sprouted in my brain and wouldn't budge, so of course I eventually sat down with my tools and got to work.

Here's my entry:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Santa's Suit (SU), Believe (Simon Says Stamp)
  • card - whisper white, retired DSP
  • other - Santa builder die, Big Shot, clear embossing powder, heat tool, Stamparatus, mounting tape, real red marker and ink, Versamark ink, soft sky marker, gold thread

I stamped the sentiment twice then gave it two coats of clear embossing powder for extra depth and shine. Love how the pattern on the dsp gives added interest to the stamped letters. The way I've tied the gold thread is meant to look like gift wrapping, which is symbolic; believing in the magic of Christmas is the gift we give our children/ourselves. 


Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

very cute indeed. Love the use of the twine that takes away the ëmpty space

ÅsaJ said...

Such a wonderful and cute card! Love it! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs Åsa