Monday, October 21, 2019

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Plaid

I'm sure you know the famous quote, 'I can resist anything but temptation.' I've no idea who said it originally but what I do know is that it suits me to a T. Recently when I saw the new Tim Holtz plaid stamps on sale (see this post), I ordered them immediately - something that came as no surprise to my BFF. She was shocked, however, to hear that I have only recently ordered the Wrapped in Plaid designer papers from the holiday catalogue! I kept telling myself I had more than enough Christmas stuff and didn't need them, even though I fell further in love every time I saw them used on a card. But, of course, I did eventually concede defeat and sent off an order (and have just ordered a second batch, lol) and I've been happily playing with them ever since. So, the word du jour is most definitely plaid...or tartan, or whichever you prefer to call it, lol.

The design for this was inspired by a Pinterest find:


Materials used:
  • stamps - More Merry Messages
  • card - cherry cobbler, whisper white, shaded spruce, Wrapped in Plaid DSP
  • other - layering ovals dies, Big Shot, poinsettia dies (non SU), gold pearls, Dimensionals, scoring tool, cardinal dies

And this one's a remaking of a previous card because I simply could not resist (refer to first paragraph) ;-P


Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - shaded spruce, crumb cake, cherry cobbler, Wrapped in Plaid DSP
  • other - linen thread, layering stars dies, detailed deer thinlits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, sponge

Now it might seem strange (okay, hold back the sarcastic retort) but even though I've lived in Australia for more than 20 years, where Christmas is more often than not a sweltering day where we sit close to the air conditioning and eat cold salads, to me a card just looks more Christmassy with some tartan. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Go figure.

There's plenty more plaid cards ruminating in my brain, so hopefully they'll see the light of day shortly - in which case, I'll be back soon. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: