Monday, February 17, 2020

Sepia Roses

Inspired by a gorgeous card by Erum Tasneem I found on Pinterest, I've been having a play with my Altenew Build a Flower Rose stamps and dies. The main flower in this set has SIX layers! Yep, you read that right, S.I.X., lol. But look how realistic it is and how much depth you get! Luckily there's a guide on the pack to show you how to align them all plus plenty of very helpful YouTube videos, so it's nowhere near as difficult as it may sound.

Here's how my card turned out:


Once I'd decided where I wanted all my die-cut images to go, I stamped a few splodges (very technical term) around on my background then added the first batch of flowers and leaves. I've only stamped two of the four layers on the leaves as I didn't want them to steal the limelight from the roses. The stamped sentiment is layered on a narrow strip of brushed gold card and I added some gold pearls to finish off.

A very essential item in the stamping of these roses was my Stamparatus. As I'd bought extra plates, I was able to set up all six layers using both sides of three plates, which made multiple stamping a breeze. While it's all set up, I'll stamp some more roses in different colours so I have them all ready and available for future cards - brilliant!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Build a Flower Rose (Altenew), Tiny Words Birthday (SSS), Timeless Textures (SU)
  • card - very vanilla, brushed gold
  • Altenew inks - Coffee Break set (sand dunes, rocky shore, mocha, espresso)
  • other - Build a Flower Rose dies (Altenew), Big Shot, Dimensionals, gold pearls, Stamparatus

There's something so timeless and elegant about sepia tones, isn't there? I love them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a stunning card!! Love the colours and the depth. This card is too beautiful to give away. TFS

Laurie said...

Stunning roses - I love how classy the neutral tones look! This one will be copied for sure - thanks so much for sharing the idea.