Friday, February 21, 2020

True Colours - CAS on Friday challenge

I just love colour challenges, probably because I love playing with colours in inks and paints etc.

Hi all and welcome to another CAS on Friday challenge! This is challenge #174 and as you may have already guessed, we have some colours for you this time around.

My first instinct when I saw coastal cabana, crushed curry and Bermuda bay together was for an ocean sunrise/sunset scene but I must admit, it floored me at first about how I would incorporate granny apple green. Thankfully, after a few days my brain kicked in to remind me that the sea can be a greeny-blue!

I made simple masks from post-it notes, sponging the sky area first with crushed curry, then Bermuda bay and granny apple green for the water. My only coastal cabana is the card base itself. All-in-all, this card took less than 10 minutes to make!



Materials used:
  • stamps - Thoughtful Branches (SU)
  • card - whisper white, coastal cabana
  • other - blending brushes, post-it notes, 1" circle punch, Stamparatus, clear Wink of Stella, craft foam

Please visit the CASOF blog and my fellow DT members to see what wonderful things they've done with these colours - and don't forget to leave us all some comment love!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Laurie said...

This is a true beauty! I'm getting out my blending brushes immediately to CASE.....

Anita van Reemst said...

What a beautiful card.

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous card Kerry! Love how you've used the colours into an amazing sunset! Crafty hugs Linda

Vicky Hayes said...

I am speechless Kerry - this is my idea of a perfect, perfect card! Love the simplicity and the perfect positioning of the sentiment, the framing - the EVERYTHING!!! Vicky x

Joan said...

WOW! Just... well... wow!

Rob I said...

Truly gorgeous. The colours are beautifully blended together. Love your CAS cards. TFS