Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sharing Sunshine

Stampin’ Up have available a digital stamp collection called Share Sunshine. It’s a pdf file with 15 pages of images and sentiments relating to the pandemic and isolation/quarantine situation. You print them on your computer (I recommend printing on whisper white card rather than printer paper) then cut with punches, dies, etc to use on cards to send to your nearest and dearest. Some of them are serious, many are light-hearted and some come in a range of colour options (you can see a sample in the image below).


100% of the cost for this resource will go to COVID-19 efforts through two organisations - The World Health Organization’s COVID-Solidarity Response Fund or United Way Worldwide’s COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund.

Here are some cards I've made up so far with just a small sample of the images:


This one I coloured with SU's watercolour pencils then mounted on matching card for a CAS card.

Materials used:
  • digital image - Sharing Sunshine pdf
  • card - balmy blue, whisper white
  • other - stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, watercolour pencils, craft foam

For my next card I used some plaid paper from the mini catalogue together with twine as I thought they looked like pyjama pants and the cord, lol. This sentiment really makes me laugh and I'm not ashamed to admit there has been a day or two where I've spent all day in my pjs 😏.


Materials used:
  • digital image - Sharing Sunshine pdf
  • card - night of navy, whisper white, Country Club DSP
  • other - stitched circle die, Big Shot, white baker's twine, epoxy dots, Dimensionals

I've used dsp again for my third card and added simple touches with some punching and fussy cutting.


Materials used:
  • digital image - Sharing Sunshine pdf
  • card - petal pink, whisper white, lovely lipstick, Best Dressed DSP
  • other - corner rounder punch, Dimensionals

If you're interested in getting these images here's the link that will take you there. You don't need to have a demonstrator for this, it's a special purchase. Just click HERE. (Please note the price of $12 is US dollars, so converts to approx AU$18-19.)

Thanks for calling in. Stay safe in your quarantine.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Great sentiments, I think my fav is the pyjama sentiment. Very clever to think of the pyjama pants with the plaid paper and then the "string". You out did yourself. TFS