Thursday, October 29, 2020

All Is Calm

As soon as I saw the colours in the current Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge, I thought they'd make a gorgeous sunrise combo. 

This morning I got out my brayers and blending brushes and got to work and this is what I ended up with. The 'speckly' effect on the sky is from shimmer mist, which has a gorgeous sparkle when it catches the light.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Wonderland (SU retired)
  • card - whisper white, basic black, Sahara sand
  • other - Darling Deer dies (Tim Holtz), brayers, blending brush, sponge dauber, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, white gel pen, mini Dimensionals, champagne shimmer mist

To me it's very peaceful and serene, so the sentiment stamped inside is 'All is calm, all is bright.'

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

Edited to add: I was honoured to be among the Artists Pick for my card. Thank you ladies!



6 comments:

Laurie said...

Another absolutely stunning card! Love the peaceful vibe and beautiful blending. Well done!

Lisa Lynn said...

Awesome card.

Fiona said...

Wow - this is stunning - I do love deer cards and these look so gorgeous silhouetted against that lovely sky - thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, I bet this IS gorgeous when it catches the light...it's beautiful in the picture!!! What a super idea to create a night sky with these colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin by Genny said...

Simply Stunning! Love the simplicity of your card with the deer silhouettes and your blending technique is awesome. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

brrenwick said...

You have created such a peaceful and beautiful scene! I love how beautifully you blended the sky! Thank you for joining us at HSS!