Friday, October 30, 2020

Peace - CAS on Friday Challenge #192

Welcome! It's time for another fortnightly challenge with CAS on Friday

This is challenge #192 and the theme is CHRISTMAS.

I really, really wanted to use this gorgeous sentiment stamp from Tim Holtz, so I designed my card to suit. And you know me, any excuse to pull out my oxides and get inky! 😁

I masked off some of my whisper white card and used brushes to add the oxide inks, progressing from lightest to darkest and blending them well. Once they were all dry I heat embossed the deer and sentiment, added a few stars with white gel pen and it was done!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Dashing Deer (SU), Christmastime 2 (Tim Holtz)
  • card - whisper white
  • distress oxide inks - tumbled glass, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, wilted violet, black soot
  • other - Stamparatus, black embossing powder, silver embossing powder, heat tool, Versamark ink, white gel pen, blending brushes, masking paper, mounting foam tape, embossing buddy

Do follow this link to the CASOF blog to see what gorgeous Christamssy creations my fellow team members have come up with, and hopefully you'll be inspired to join in the challenge yourself.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez



1 comment:

Rob I said...

such a stunning card, the blending of the oxide inks is seamless. The silver embossing brings a true elegance to the card. TFS