Friday, April 3, 2020

CAS on Friday Challenge #177

Welcome back to another CAS on Friday challenge!

This is challenge #177 and the theme is Black and White and One Colour.

I picked aqua as my colour and took the liberty of using four shades of it, and I love the way they pop against the black background.

Layering dies are all the rage at the moment in the crafting world and Altenew provides a guide for assembly that ensures putting these together is simple. I've splattered some white watercolour paint in the background and am rather pleased how some have faded more than others to give a kind of bokeh effect. Bonus!



Materials used:
  • stamps -  Tiny Words Birthday (SSS)
  • card - basic black, whisper white, Altenew Gradient Cardstock - Sea Shore (mountain mist, volcano lake, lagoon, emerald)
  • other - Stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, white embossing powder, heat tool, white artist's paint, paintbrush, Altenew Garden Picks 3D die set

I do hope you'll join us in our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations. Be sure to visit the CAS on Friday blog to see the colourful combinations my fellow DT members have come up with.

Thanks for dropping in and stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Love the aqua shades on the black background. Great card!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Kelly. I love the beautiful flower and colour.

Rob I said...

The aqua is a true pop of colour on the black. Very striking. TFS