Friday, February 19, 2021

Bold and Beautiful Butterfly - CAS on Friday Challenge #199

Hi everyone and welcome!

It's time for another clean and simple challenge with CAS on Friday and this time around I got to pick our theme. Inspired by summer here in Australia, I decided on a colour challenge of turquoise/teal, orange and white. 


Such bright, cheerful colours that look stunning together - I hope they'll inspire you as much as they did me.

For my card I couldn't resist the opportunity to use this gorgeous butterfly from Tim Holtz's Specimen set, adding a little ink blending and stencilling for my background. The pattern in the centre of the inspiration picture gave me a Middle Eastern/Morroccan vibe, so I picked a trellis design along those lines for my stencil.



And there's plenty of shine and shimmer when it catches the light.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Specimen (TH), Fancy Sayings (Clearly Besotted)
  • card - whisper white
  • distress oxide ink - ripe persimmon
  • other - trellis stencil, distress embossing dabber (TH), crackling campfire embossing glaze (TH), heat tool, blending brush, craft foam, Stamparatus, alcohol markers, clear Wink of Stella, clear sequins

My fellow DT members have some beautiful samples to get your creative juices flowing over on the CASOF blog, so pop over to take a look. And, of course, we'd love you to join us in the challenge.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez



2 comments:

Rob I said...

Gorgeous card, I do love that butterfly stamp. Wouldnt have thought of turquoise, orange and white but they do sure look pretty together. Simple but elegant card. TFS

Ellen said...

The butterfly really is beautiful! You picked two great colors for the challenge :-)