Monday, February 8, 2021

Welcome, Kitsch Flamingo

With a new distress colour released this past week, it was inevitable that I would be having a play with it. I chose to watercolour some flowers using this gorgeous new pink.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Flower Garden, Attic Treasures, Tiny Text (all Tim Holtz)
  • card - Sahara sand, soft suede, watercolour
  • distress ink - kitsch flamingo
  • distress oxide inks - kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, fossilized amber, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, speckled egg, weathered wood, frayed burlap
  • other - Harlequin stencil (TH), speckled egg distress embossing glaze (TH), linen thread, word window punch, Dimensionals, shaping mat and tools, sponge dauber, crumb cake marker, vintage photo archival ink (TH), embossing dabber

I shaped the flowers a little to curl the edges and 'bowl' the heads for some interest and dimension. I love the way they spread out over the edges of the background piece. 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

A very pretty card, lovely pink - strong enough to standout but not bright. The background is amazing and I admire your fussy cutting. TFS