Monday, August 23, 2021

Rolling in the Deep

(I feel I should have Adele playing in the background, lol)

Hidden deep in my stash, I found an old wood-mount stamp I haven't used in many years - 2006 it was released in! Naturally, a card needed to be made and luckily I have plenty of other goodies to pair it with.

Still in love with distress colour salvaged patina, I wanted to use that to brighten up my browns. Here's how it turned out:


The coffee beans background used antique linen oxide ink through a stencil, with the same colour for the thing that wraps around the coffee cup (can never remember what that's called, lol) and one layer of the steam. For the sentiment I stamped in salvaged patina oxide then sprinkled it with the matching embossing glaze and heat set it - double the colour! My chocolates are coloured with Copic markers. For the dilemma of attaching the vellum, I initially glued it under the stamping and where the coffee cup would be placed, then sewed it on. Unfortunately I got all the way around before realising my bobbin had run out half way through! Refilled the bobbin, rethreaded the machine, and then had to try to stitch in exactly the same place so I wouldn't make more holes, lol. I did go a little crooked but hopefully it just adds to the whimsy and will be overlooked 😉.

What items are at the bottom of your stash that need to see the light of day? Dig them out and have a wonderful time playing!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Coffee, Chocolate, Men (Stamp It); Nothing's Better Than (SU)
  • card - soft suede, very vanilla, vellum
  • distress oxide inks - salvaged patina, antique linen, vintage photo
  • other - Coffee Cup thinlits (SU), Cafe Colorize (Tim Holtz), coffee beans stencil (Paper Rose), blending brushes, sponge dauber, salvaged patina embossing glaze, heat tool, Big Shot, distressing tool, sewing machine, Dimensionals, Copic markers E15 E29 E39

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: