Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Snowy Treeline

This week I challenged my ladies to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colours, which pretty much means avoiding red and green! So today I sat down to have a play with inks - cos who doesn't love that? - and came up with this wintery scene.


I stamped and embossed the trees first then sprayed the background with distress spray stains. After drying and a bit of smooshing with oxide ink, I stencilled some icicle texture paste over the sky, hoping it would look like icy snow falling. It didn't turn out quite as I was hoping but never mind, it's all practise and experience! 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Text Christmas, Treeline (Tim Holtz)
  • card - basic white, basic black, watercolour
  • distress spray stains - salvaged patina, prize ribbon
  • distress oxide ink - salvaged patina
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, water spritzer, Icicle texture paste (TH), Speckles stencil (TH), Dimensionals

I've always wanted to experience a white Christmas, it's on my bucket list!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kerry this card is wonderful. I'd like to be able to do a wintery sky like this. Best wishes from Maureen T.



Kerry Parkinson said...

Thanks Maureen. Wish we could have a class for you to try it out 😒

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful textured scene you made Kerry. I love the embossed trees against that gorgeous sky and the clean, modern sentiment label. Vicky x