This week I challenged my ladies to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colours, which pretty much means avoiding red and green! So today I sat down to have a play with inks - cos who doesn't love that? - and came up with this wintery scene.
I stamped and embossed the trees first then sprayed the background with distress spray stains. After drying and a bit of smooshing with oxide ink, I stencilled some icicle texture paste over the sky, hoping it would look like icy snow falling. It didn't turn out quite as I was hoping but never mind, it's all practise and experience!
- stamps - Tiny Text Christmas, Treeline (Tim Holtz)
- card - basic white, basic black, watercolour
- distress spray stains - salvaged patina, prize ribbon
- distress oxide ink - salvaged patina
- other - white embossing powder, heat tool, water spritzer, Icicle texture paste (TH), Speckles stencil (TH), Dimensionals