Friday, September 17, 2021

Use Your Wings - CAS on Friday Challenge #214


For Challenge #214 Janneke has given us this great sketch:


I've taken a fairly liberal interpretation of the sketch, making an inky splodge background rather than a precise circle and using a tree branch as my horizontal line. 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Text (Tim Holtz)
  • card - early espresso, watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - speckled egg, stormy sky, weathered wood, crackling campfire, walnut stain, vintage photo
  • dies - Feathered Friends (TH), Colourful Seasons (SU)
  • other - water spritzer, heat tool, MISTI, black rhinestone, distress crayons, sponge dauber

I do hope you'll take a look at the samples my fellow team members have made to inspire you and even be tempted to join our challenge. Just follow the link here.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry 




6 comments:

Ina ( Frysk Famke ) said...

Hello Kerry,

My english is not very good so i go further in Dutch.

Wat een prachtige kaart, de kleuren en de vogel 😍

Goed weekend Ina

Janneke said...

OM your card is amazing! I love the bird ...

Anita van Reemst said...

Beautiful card. The bird is amazing.

Rob I said...

wow, that is a great interpretation of the sketch. The bird is stunning. You have such an eye for colour which always takes your smooshing to another level. TFS

Joan V said...

Wow, I love this card. You were so creative with this sketch!

Valérie said...

Wow this is stunning! Love the bird and the background, well everything!