Thursday, October 7, 2021

Color Throwdown Featured Stamper

My card was lucky enough to be picked in challenge #661 at The Color Throwdown (this card), which means I was offered the opportunity to be Guest Star Stamper for today's new challenge. Now, you all know how much I love a colour challenge, so ...


I spent a joyous afternoon smooshing, sponging and die cutting - ending up with very inky fingers, lol. And even though it's spring here, I fully embraced the fall/autumn vibes for some speckly orange, brown and grey goodness. 


I began with some smoky slate card, cutting it into strips and sponging the edges before gluing them to another piece of card and running them through the embossing folder. After die cutting all the leaves and acorns and sponging the edges, I arranged them with my sentiment, adding the stringy bow made with bits pulled from burlap ribbon as a final touch. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Autumn Leaves (Poppystamps)
  • card - early espresso, smoky slate, watercolour, very vanilla
  • distress inks/sprays/oxides - carved pumpkin, frayed burlap, gathered twigs, rusty hinge, crackling campfire, vintage photo, dried marigold, pumice stone
  • distress archival inks - vintage photo, ground espresso
  • dies - Funky Foliage, Fall Foliage (both Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
  • other - Ornate Frames thinlits (SU), Big Shot, sponge daubers, Dimensionals, craft foam, water spritzer, heat tool, burlap ribbon, Pinewood Planks embossing folder (SU), Stamparatus, mini glue dots

And there's still plenty of speckly goodness left for another day and another card! 

A big thank you to the folks at Color Throwdown for the opportunity to be Guest Star Stamper. I do hope you'll pop over to their blog to see the design team's beautiful samples and be inspired to join in.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Broni said...

I love your beautiful fall card, Kerry. Those leaves are spectacular! I’m so glad you were our featured stamper this week!!

Rob I said...

This card I adore. The leaf arrangement is amazing. The wooden background is so perfect. TFS