Friday, January 21, 2022

Hexagons - CAS on Friday Challenge #223

Welcome to CAS on Friday challenge #223 where our theme is HEXAGONS.

There are so many ways to use this versatile shape! For my card I used them to add colour and texture as a compliment to my die-cut flower. 


The mosaic pieces are ones I made some time ago with a stencil, crackle texture paste and a number of SU embossing powders, so I merely cut them with hexagon dies. I used some of the colours from those patterns for my flower. Some ink speckles for the background, a simple sentiment and touch of sparkle, and my card was good to go!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Words Birthday (SSS), Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
  • card - watercolour, soft sea foam
  • distress oxide inks - mustard seed, fossilized amber, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, pumice stone, barn door
  • other Tim Holtz products - stacked hexagon dies, wildflower stems 3 die, mosaic stencil, distress crackle texture paste, picket fence distress paint
  • other - various embossing powders (SU), heat tool, Dimensionals, blending brushes, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot Switch, paint brush, clear sequins, craft foam, peeled paint archival ink, Memento tuxedo black ink

We'd love you to create your own clean and simple card featuring hexagons and load it in our gallery. If you'd like further inspiration, follow the link to the CAS on Friday blog to see my team mates' cards.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry


2 comments:

Ina ( Frysk Famke ) said...

Great Card Kerry

Nice weekend Ina

Rob I said...

I absolutely adore hexagon mosaic shapes - you know I am a sucker for geometric and texture. Everything just comes together on the card. Beautiful, but probably even more beautiful in real life being able to touch it TFS