Sunday, August 13, 2023

Boo

I've been seeing Halloween makes for a few weeks now and thought, "come on people, it's only July!" Now we're into August and I've been sucked into the vortex ... roflol. 

Saw a card that inspired the idea for the raised portions I've done here. Wasn't sure if it would work but I like it, I think the splintered vibe adds to the creepy ambience. 

I began with stamping the webs onto two pieces of black card and embossing with white, then cut one with the diamond die and stuck some of the shapes onto the other black piece. Once attached I spritzed with various oxide inks (dye inks won't show over black, you need the pigment) and also sprayed oxides onto watercolour card to use for my skeleton. The bats were cut from black gloss card and I bent their wings to give them some movement. When they catch the light they reflect other colours and look terrific.

There are two layers to the sentiment, as usual, as this adds more depth, and the background piece is watercolour card sponged with ink then spritzed. 

Materials used - all stamps, dies and inks are Tim Holtz unless otherwise noted:
  • stamps - Unravelled 
  • card - basic black, watercolour
  • dies - Mr Bones, Toil & Trouble, Alphanumeric Theory
  • distress oxide sprays - antique linen, frayed burlap, pumice stone, lost shadow
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, Big Shot, MISTI, craft foam, Dimensionals, blending brush, Simply Diamonds die (Pink Fresh Studios)

Thanks for creeping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: