Friday, September 8, 2023

JAI#669 - Just Add a Colour Combo

It's time for another Just Add Ink challenge and this week we have a colour combo for you to play with using three of Stampin' Up's neutral colour family. If you don't have SU inks, just use whatever you have that is a close match.

Sympathy cards are never nice to need but helpful to have on hand, so I made what I hope is a quiet and peaceful card.

I began with the sky area using misty moonlight. I decided I didn't want just a plain ink blend, though I did begin with that as my first step. Then I added a little watercolour brushing followed by ink smooshing, drying in between each application of colour, until I felt it was a little misty and mysterious. One of those skies you can gaze at for ages finding shapes and oddities, you know? Next came stamping the forest and it's all done with just one tree stamp. I began with first generation stamping using mossy meadow ink, then moved on to second generation stamping. I gave it a little water to get a bit of a softer, watercolour effect and dried it before adding more green trees, then stamping in black along the front. Using darker tones at the front, medium tones in the middle and lighter tones at the back gives great depth. Once I was happy with that I stamped the birds, masking off some of the stamp as I didn't want some larger birds that were on it. A coat of distress glaze went over everything to protect it before it was matted and mounted and my last step was to add the sentiment strip. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Fir tree 1, Birds (both Lavinia), Itty Bitty Greetings (Stampin' Up)
  • card - crumb cake, basic black, watercolour
  • other - masking paper, 1 1/4" circle punch, blending brush, water spritzer, heat tool, MISTI, Dimensionals, craft foam, sponge dauber, paintbrush, white embossing powder

I do hope you'll visit the Just Add Ink blog to see how my fellow team mates used these colours, and even be inspired to create and join us. Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just saw your amazing card when checking the winners post, and I was stunned by the absolute beauty and serenity of this creation. Your intent was well achieved. It is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Stephanie